Friday, November 11, 2011

Dear ALL,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kristina and I am a student at Comenius University in Bratislava as well. I study the combination of two languages, English language and literature and Slovak language and literature. Since my early childhoon I wanted to become a teacher, I used to play with my dolls or cuddly toys every single day as a teacher. I loved it so much!

Firstly, I tried to study Psychology, but I changed my mind and decided rather to study Pedagogy, studying languages, my favourite one- English. Even though my future occupation is not being paid very well (I think it is so stupid- pardon my language, but TEACHING children is the most important thing in everybody´s life. Every person in every contry has to attend the school.) I am still considering becoming a teacher. On the other hand I don´t have much experience in teaching, but my will is really strong and I believe I will learn everything important to become such a good and favourite teacher.:-)

My vision of study is recently quite complicated because I am on maternity leave. My daughter was born 21st October, 2011, so I am at home taking care of my sweet angel, who is sleeping at the moment, so I may write few words here.:-) You can imagine how time management is crucial in this situation. I try to do my best to be perfect mum and also not to neglect my school tasks. Is anybody who has a child as well and studies at the same time? If so, it would be great to have a talk about managing the time between school and the child.

I wish you a nice day and see you soon :-)

Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina,

    First of all, congratulations on your baby! Being a mom is the most amazing job in the world, isn't it? :) I have an 11 month old so I can completely relate to your issues with time management between school and the baby. The way that I look at it is that me going to school and getting a degree will allow me to give my daughter a better future than I would be able to otherwise. How has it been so far for you trying to balance between baby and school? What I found is that the younger they are, the easier it is to get your school work done since they sleep a lot more then. Up until my daughter was about six months old, I didn't have a problem getting my work done during the day because she wasn't mobile and she enjoyed just sitting and listening to me read to her, or didn't mind sitting down and playing with her toys while I worked on writing a paper. Ever since she learned to crawl, though, I've had to get all of my school work and studying done at night after she goes to sleep which isn't until around 11 or 12 because I already hate that I have to spend Mondays and Wednesdays away from her while I'm at school, so I don't like the idea of asking someone else to watch her while I study. Needless to say, I don't get very much sleep anymore, but in the end I know that it will definitely, definitely be worth it :)

    I actually started off as a Psychology major as well, so it looks like we have a whole lot in common! The only reason I was a Psychology major was because I heard that I would be able to make more money with that degree which I thought would be better for my daughter, but after my first psychology class I realized that I couldn't spend the rest of my life doing something that I didn't have a passion for. I hear people say sometimes that you can't make a lot of money with an English degree, but I love the English language and I love literature so I know that one day I'll find a career that I love that combines the two. Right now I'm leaning towards becoming a teacher as well, but I hope to teach at either a college or a university.

    I really look forward to hearing about your experiences with being a mom, and I wish the best of luck to you and your little one in the future! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carolyn,

    thank you for congratulations! Oh, yes, it is amazing and hardwork as well.:-) We should be paid for such hard job! ;-))) If I could, I would watch her every minute during her sleep-it is better than watching my favourite TV programme. By the way, congratulations to your lovely daughter! What´s her name? She is a lady, 11 month is nearly one year old lady, she must be so cute and sweet. She can speak probably some words, can´t she? Well, my timemanaging is not working.:-D Barborka starts to protest her daysleep, so she is grouchy and weepy during the day. She sleeps only during night, so I have to try to study as you did.
    Anyway, how many years do you have to study to finish your studies?
    When I was i England (I lived year and half there), everybody told me, that teaching licence is a factory for money. Isn´t it same in United States? Psychology is quite hard to study, what specialization would you like to achieve? My dream was (and still is) to work with children.

    I wish you nice and pleasant day!
    Take care and I look forward to reading your news.:-)

    ReplyDelete