Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hello everyone! :)

My name is Lucia and I am student at Comenius University in Bratislava. I study English language and literature together with Biology and this is my first year of master´s degree. I cannot say that I have always wanted to become a teacher, I made that decision at secondary school. Ever since secondary school English and Biology have become my passion. During classes I would just picture myself in the position of teacher and wonder how exciting it would be. So, when the time came for me to choose a university teaching English language and Biology was my only option. To be honest, my parents as well as my friends were not very happy with my choice due to the fact that teachers in Slovakia are underpaid and not properly appreciated. However, I did not let that to stop me from pursuing my goal.

After completing the master´s degree I would like to take up a doctorate in Biology. I am considering Zoology, Biological Anthropology or Virology. The idea of becoming a scientist and doing my own research in one of the above mentioned fields in combination with teaching at Uni is fascinating to me. To get there requires a lot of hard work but I know what I want and I am going to do my best to achieve it.

In my spare time I love reading, especially English books. Like other young people I enjoy going out with friends, listening to music, watching movies as well as spending time with my family. Apart from that I have always been very interested in make-up artistry. So in order to chase my dream of becoming a make-up artist I took a professional make-up artistry course. I am glad whenever I can help women with their make-up for special occasions like wedding or prom. I just love the surprised look on women faces when I finish their make-up, it is like asking me "is it really me?"

That is probably all for now. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you, so feel free to comment or ask a question :)

Have a nice day!

Lucia F.

No comments:

Post a Comment