Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dear All

Dear All,

I would like to contribute with my experience to the discussion. My name is Renata and I study English and Slovak languge at Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia. My choice of university studies was not simple. My secondary school was concerned with sciencies such as Mathematics and Physics. So I was expected to follow this way at the Uni. There were some positive influences which drove me the other way. I have a part-time job in a law firm. I am frequently in touch with legal English. It is very specific sphere of language with its own structure, vocabulary, syntax and stylistics. Definitely, I would like to deal with this issue in the future.

Best regards,

Renata

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we sounds like polar opposites. It sounds like you like to explore the functional uses of the English language, like law, and I choose to focus on the artistic side of creative writing. In fact, I avoid learning about practical subjects with all my efforts. Do you ever write just for fun or to create?

    ReplyDelete