Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi, everybody!

Hi, everybody,

My name is Jana and I also study at Faculty of education, Comenius University in Bratislava. To be specific, my program is English language/literature and Slovak language/literature. I chose to study English because I have always been interested in it, from my early childhood I was fascinated by various ways how to express the same idea in English. I liked the idea of being able to communicate with foreigners in an international language as well. My family supported me in this decision because they told me I could be a good teacher because I was enough emphatic and able to explain things properly and directly. Therefore, I dreamt about being a great teacher but as his status is very low in our country, I decided to teach only in private schools. I am in the last year of my studies and I believe that I will continue in teaching also later because it is a great feeling if somebody makes a progress in his language performance thanks to me. It is something which cannot be paid.

Have a nice day:)

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's very noble. Teaching would make me cry, scream, and cry again. It is cool that you are so adamant about it. What works of literature are your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Cory, thanks for your notice, I didnt have time to check my blog because of a lot of work to do but fortunately, I am here:)I have quite a strange relationship towards literature:) On one hand, I love it, on the other hand, I am overloaded with it at school being forced to read in English and Slovak as well. Therefore, if I am free from school, I do not read at all to have a rest:) But my internal sunshine is T. Morrison and Susan Sontag as I love postmodern works. Moreover, I am recently interested in more interactive reading which is internet based, do you know it? It can be so funny and demanding! From more classical literature I admire Oscar Wilde and for example his Picture of Dorian Gray. But generally, I love war literature as well and works mocking totalitarianism like Animal farm, 1984 an so on:) What about you or others? I will be happy to hear from you:)have a nice day

    ReplyDelete