Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hello everyone!

My name is Anna. I come from small town Michalovce. I study languages at Comenius University - English and Slovak language and literature. I’m in my second (and I hope in my last) year of master's degree. I study pedagogy because I always wanted to be a teacher and English a Slovak was my favourite subjects at my secondary grammar school. I chose these subjects because I like literature. I like reading and also I like to learn new things. My family was not very happy about my decision because my mother is a teacher and she knows how it is difficult. She always says: teaching is not only occupation but it is a mission. But unfortunately, as it was mentioned, the position of a teacher is rather low-ranking in our country. In spite of this fact my parents support me. In the future I would like to teach but also I would like to try something different. I have not decided yet and I am still thinking about it.

Have a nice day. J

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna!

    I, too, chose to become an English major because I love to study literature. While I was growing up, English was always my favorite subject in school. My mother was also a teacher and she also discouraged me from pursuing her profession. My mother says, "Teaching is a calling, not a choice to be made lightly." In America, teaching is not really respected either. I am not sure if I even want to be a teacher. I have heard that there are many other job avenues that I could pursue with my degree, so I am keeping my options open.

    -Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete