Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi everybody,
please to join and meet you. My name is Mirka, and I am from Slovakia :)I study English and French at the same university as my collegues. I study these two languauges because I like speaking to other people in their own languages. As a teacher to become I should say that I really want to go and teach after the studies, but I do not know yet. Till I had my practical teaching in school, I was refuning to go and teach as a bread living job. Now, after the practical part, I really sarted to like it. So we will see what the life brings ;)
Concerning my hobbies, I really like to meet new people, whether Slovak or international ones. I like listening to music and dancing, mainly latino music. This is for mee the most beloved hobby. When I listen to or only hear this music I feel like at home, but I can not explain why :) strange.. does anybody of you have some kind of the same experience with something that makes you feel at home, but you simply do not know why?
have a nice day all of you ;)
Mirka

3 comments:

  1. Mirka -
    I really enjoyed your post. It's amazing to read through these and realize how invested you all are (and were from a young age mostly) to learn a language apart from your own. It actually infuriates me that we do not seem to hold those same values in America (shame on my parents for not teaching me a foreign language!).:D
    I felt like I had to respond to you in particular because I am a dance machine! And when I say "dance machine," I really mean HORRIBLE dancer who loves it anyway. My boyfriend and I can both be working our asses off on school work, and when a good song comes on the radio, we will hop up and dance all over the house. That feeling you get when your heart feels like it's going to jump right out of your chest? My favorite feeling in the world.
    It's so nice to meet you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirka,

    I LOVE music! Music is one of my passions! I love to sing, but I wasn't completely gifted in singing, but I still sing my heart out! I can't dance - I have no sense of rhythm and my right ankle is fused from a car accident where my right ankle was seriously injured. But I still live each day to it fullest!

    I also enjoy meeting new people, although I can be really shy at first. Honestly, I'm afraid people won't like me - but then I take a chance and get to know someone and I'm always pleasantly surprised.

    One of my best friends is studying French. I started out taking it my freshman year of high school but I found that I love the Spanish language more - it seems to click in my head!

    I look forward to getting to know you better and reading more about your country! What is your favorite thing about living there?

    Amy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirka,

    Well, I must say, I LOVE music as well. Seriously, everywhere I go I am listening to my music. I love going to concerts and have met a few of my favorite artists, which is of course exciting. Do you ever go to concerts? I do love to dance, although I'm not sure how good I am at it, ha. I look forward to hearing more about you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete