Saturday, November 19, 2011

Greetings everyone

My name's Katarina and as many of my colleagues I'm studying English and Slovak language and literature. Somehow I have always known I wanted to study English because it was one of the few subjects I truly enjoyed during my high school studies. When the time came to choose a university I applied for interpreting and translating of English and Arabic language, and as a backup plan teaching Slovak and English language and literature. Fortunately, (but in fact at that time it was kind of a tragedy for me:) my backup plan worked out and I am here today. My parents were not enthusiastic about my decision. They didn't like the idea of me becoming a teacher because as many of my friends have already mentioned - the position of a teacher in our country is rather low-ranking. But during those 5 years at university I realized I didn't enjoy translating at all, and I have found myself in the role of a teacher. I have been teaching mainly adults for 3 years now and I love how creative and rewarding this job is I would probably do it even after graduating.

Besides that I enjoy many creative activities. I love making "jewellery" from beads, fine wires, different metal components etc. but recently I haven't had enough time to do it. I also enjoy scrapbooking - I make different kinds of postcards, notebooks, photo albums... Many of my friends and family members get these as presents, so I guess they wish I would stop already and buy them proper gifts ;) but it ain't gonna happen my friends :D I also enjoy reading, cooking, baking and decorating our flat. I am newly married so I still enjoy spending time with my beloved hubby ;)

So take care and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment