Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Intro

Hi my name is Frank Vitale and I am a student at Kennesaw State University. I am currently studying English Education and its awesome. I have not always known that I wanted to become a teacher. Coming into school I thought I wanted to be a music major; but I realized that I wouldn't be able to get a job anytime soon. I'm glad that I decided to become a Education major.

One of the goals I really wanna achieve is to be able to teach over in Japan. I have always been obsessed with the whole culture over there, its just so much different than here. I think it will really make me a better teacher and more culturally aware; which I think is very important for a teacher in today's modern age. I would like to go over there right after I graduate and spend a couple years over there. Kennesaw has a program where you can go over to Japan and teach English at a school. I also want to stay in school and get my Masters degree in Education.

In today's diverse culture its very important for teachers to become more culturally aware because students come from every walk of life. Getting students to become interested in school is a major goal for me, I went through high school just not caring about anything the teachers were telling me; I want to make an impact in even just one students life.

I can't wait to hear everyone's perspectives and I look forward to reading all the posts!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    First of all I want to say that I really admire your dream, that you will teach English in Japan. I like Japan culture too and I agree with you in what you have said about the need of cultural awareness. By the way did you know that there is a web-comic about a teacher form USA in Japan, it is based on his own experiences with Japan and its people.

    By the way, do you have some interesting ideas about making children like school? We would really need some. Well not momentarily but some day they will come handy.

    Looking forward to hear some news from you!

    Roman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank.
    I wonder if you also think of learning Japanes. In my oppinion if one really wants to understand another culture he or she also needs to know the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Frank!
    We have similar goal in our lives and that is -going to Japan! I am excited that there is another person with same ambitions as I. I am a fan of manga and anime such as Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Hellsing, Devil May Cry and many others. How about you?

    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Frank!
    Wow, what a challenging dream you have! I admire you. I thing it is not easy to try teach in totally different culture as you were grown in. It is so demanging and I 100% agree about your opinion of a need of cultural awareness. Can you speak and write in Japan?

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete