Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello!

My name is Lauren Parsons and I am a senior at Kennesaw studying English. I hope to one day get into publishing. I love reading, it's one of my favorite things to do, and to be able to read new works in their raw, unadulterated form is incredibly exciting to me. I've jumped around majors a lot since I started college, but I've always found that I not only enjoyed my English classes, but actually look forward to reading a new book and taking apart of piece of literature. Right now, I'm just trying to finish my undergraduate degree, and then I'm seriously considering pursuing my Masters in Professional Writing and then perhaps getting my MBA before I start my career in editing.

My family and friends are incredibly supportive of my career choice. They know that I enjoy literature and think that a career being surrounded by it is exactly what I need.

Literature is constantly changing - we are increasingly becoming a tech society, and most books are offered in a e-reader format. Everything is evolving with technology. The internet, and places such as blogs and news sites, are how people communicate and gain access to information. People are sharing their work online and with many sites providing the ability to comment on posts, it's becoming more of a dialogue than simply the writer giving something for the reader. Everyone is contributing to literature, and everyone is creating it, which I think is fascinating.

I believe I answered the last question in my first paragraph, so I'll leave this post at that.

- Lauren Parsons

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    I think your dream to become an editor is awesome! It sounds so amazing, on the other hand is has to be a tough job to recognize a good reading opposite the bad one.
    I really agree with your opinion that everyone is creating literature.
    Anyway, do you work anywhere where you may try the editing job or any activity related to that?

    Crossed fingers to your future as an editor and also your MBA degree. :-)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    I really felt from what you have written, that you really have passion for your dream. And I really would like to know what do you consider the most difficult thing during your study.

    Janka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,

    what is your favourite writer? I love your passion for writing and hope your dream will come true.

    Best of luck!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete