Sunday, September 18, 2011

Greetings

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michele A (one of the Michele's in our class) and I am an English Education major but I really want to work in a school library / media center. I believe I am the oldest of all our class and working on my degree a little later in life. I've been an Domestic Engineer ('stay at home mom', just a more sophisticated way of putting the most important job in the world ) for 24 yrs, a good portion of that time has been spent in the schools. I've been everything from room mom, field trip mom, president of everything and even a substitute teacher. I've always wanted to teach, even played school growing up and was always the teacher. I have been told that I would make a good teacher by my children, their friends and my children's teachers. I love to read and love to get others to read, and I love teenagers. I am not much of a writer but I am working on that and have a few things written hear and there, and a list of ideas. Just can't always get it all out of the head and onto paper.

My family is very supportive, my husband is hoping that when I start working he can become a ProBass fisherman. I taught my girls church class for eight years and they can't wait to help me decorate my first classroom or library.

I haven't really given to much thought to Literacy in changing in the US, but I do feel we have improved in that area. I think and hope that with everything getting so technical that the illiteracy rate in low. Now a days you almost have to be able to computer for a job and you have to be able to read to do that. (for the most part) I have an iPad, with the Nook Application on it, but I've yet to read a book on it. I don't see books going away any time soon, there's just something about the feel of holding and reading a book.

As I stated I am an English Education major, but life has recently thrown me a curve and I will probably changing my major to just English. I'm not sure what I am going to be doing after I graduate. I just know I want to use my degree in someway be it in a school library, public library or possibly my own private accredited Home School center.

No comments:

Post a Comment