Sunday, October 23, 2011

Introduction


Hi everyone,
My name is Matúš Zimovčák and I study at Faculty of education, Comenius University in Bratislava.
I have always wanted to become a teacher, so I have decided to study at this faculty. My major study program combination is English and History.
I think that English studies are crucial for better understanding of our world, because the
 continuing process of globalisation is putting before us two important
aspects to consider. The first is, that mainly British and American cultural
elements are exported into the world, so it is important for everyone
to know where those various elements are rooted. The second aspect is,
that even people of other nationalities are using the English language
as a means to communicate their own culture to the others, therefore we
must study the language if we want to have meaningful relationships
with people living in this world with us. My family and my friends support me in my desicion, mainly my sister, who also wants to study English in greater focus.
Today the young people's interest in literature is gradually decreasing. They don't
see books as a meaningful way to spend their free time - for them, it is something
from the past, which doesn't suit the modern times. However, there still exists
a minority that finds some sort of spiritual fulfillment in literature.
The knowledge of English language is one of the foremost requirements in almost every
 kind of job. You often have to be a speaker of two foreign languages to get the
place you are applying for. My personal ambition is to be a good teacher of English
at secondary school, where I can help my pupils to prepare for their professional
life.

Matúš

1 comment:

  1. Matus, thank you for contributing to the blog.
    My brother's name is Matus, so it's one of my favorite names. I'll be asking my students to comment once more Slovak students get the chance to post.

    ReplyDelete